Opinov8 is a technology service provider, with an Opinion in Innovation, we engage with our clients at any stage in their product engineering and innovation goals, with solutions being mainly collaborative and outcome-driven. We are driven by delivering value, for our clients, through technological innovation.
We are a young energetic and dynamically agile company and the team behind Opinov8 are software industry veterans. We are ambitious on our own and on our client’s behalf and we do not look at a client engagement as a project, we are in it to help our clients build sustainable products, platforms, and businesses.
Our core values and what we look for in our Opinov8rs:
You are Collaborative - which is a key component to being successful in distributed environments.
You are Innovative - it is a requirement that we innovate, as individuals and as a company.
Be Adventurous - courageous people are adventurous, we are hiring and nurturing this quality.
Always Respectful - remember if you don’t respect others they will not respect you.
Inherently Intelligent - it goes without saying we are all intelligent in our own way.
Ultimately Responsible - being responsible is a core personality trait that is needed for us and our clients’ success and ultimately a happy work environment.
You will work primarily on helping accelerate the development of applications used across the Client's network of brokers. With support from your fellow innovation engineering teammates and product managers, you will be responsible for helping build, maintain and grow a suite of in-house software products that help make Our Client - one of the leading real estate firms world-wide. The tools you build will break down silos, foster collaboration and pave the road for the continued innovation of the Client's tech stack.
BEING PART OF THE TEAM
That said, we’re open to embracing new technologies and believe that testing hypotheses is far more valuable than saying no. Strong opinions, loosely held! And as a significant contributor to the client's commitment to innovation, we fully expect you to question orthodoxy especially when it unlocks valuable opportunities.
- Architect, build, and maintain tools that improve workflow for your colleagues and deliver pleasant customer experiences;
- Collaborate with product management and product operations to develop, revamp and improve user experiences even in the face of changing business requirements;
- Continuously discover, evaluate and work toward improving engineering standards, tooling and processes to mark your own success and elevate your game;
- Familiarize yourself with existing codebases to maintain existing products developed in-house and maintain and even improve application performance;
- Writing sufficient test coverage to save pain and suffering for yourself and your fellow engineers in the long run!
POWER YOU BRING
Today our team works predominantly in Ruby on Rails, ReactJS and PostgreSQL and though you love to work with the latest and greatest in technology, you’re also practical in learning existing tech stacks and choosing the right tool for the right task.
- 5+ years of experience in a back-end development role. Ruby on Rails or Clojure are preferred, but polyglots are welcome!;
- Experience with React;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred, but not required;
- Track record for being proficient at building software products using clean patterns and generally accepted software development best practices;
- Passion for working on back-end, data-centric problems as well as those of a visual and aesthetic nature;
- Strong experience in software architecture and development of scalable production quality products and systems;
- Comfortable working within microservice architecture platform;
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs;
- Experience with Algolia Search and Sidekiq;
- Experience with PostgreSQL;
- Comfortable working on CI/CD pipelines and adhering to DevSecOps principles;
- Experience with IT orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.