Opinov8 is a technology service provider, with an Opinion in Innovation, we engage with our clients at any stage in their product engineering and innovation goals, with solutions being mainly collaborative and outcome-driven. We are driven by delivering value, for our clients, through technological innovation.
We are a young energetic and dynamically agile company and the team behind Opinov8 are software industry veterans. We are ambitious on our own and on our client’s behalf and we do not look at a client engagement as a project, we are in it to help our clients build sustainable products, platforms, and businesses.
Our core values and what we look for in our Opinov8rs:
You are Collaborative - which is a key component to being successful in distributed environments.
You are Innovative - it is a requirement that we innovate, as individuals and as a company.
Be Adventurous - courageous people are adventurous, we are hiring and nurturing this quality.
Always Respectful - remember if you don’t respect others they will not respect you.
Inherently Intelligent - it goes without saying we are all intelligent in our own way.
Ultimately Responsible - being responsible is a core personality trait that is needed for us and our clients’ success and ultimately a happy work environment.
You will be a part of an Engineering engagement for a big German media network. Within that company, there’s a small team of closely working engineers that needs reinforcement to continue to deliver a shared service in a highly dynamic environment. We develop a multi-purpose subscription & payment service, which is going to be a key part of several client products in a big German media network. Being a part of a big ecosystem our service itself represents microservice architecture to ensure scalability and fast development of features for several API consumers. We use exclusively AWS Serverless solutions like Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, AppSync (fully managed GraphQL API), API Gateway (Fully managed REST API) and we own our infrastructure, which means Gitlab CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure as code using Serverless Framework, DataDog for observability. To assure the high quality we have 100% unit test coverage maintained by the developers, and as a QA engineer you will take over e2e and performance tests.
BEING PART OF THE TEAM:
- Investigate product quality to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction.
- Provide tools and processes to make sure our features are thoroughly tested and can be shipped as fast as possible.
- Together with the team you will create, write and execute all kinds of automation and support us with manual tests for our web platform.
- Be driving quality improvements in an agile and continuous learning environment.
POWER YOU BRING:
- Overall experience in the software quality assurance area, at least 4+ years;
- You have a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes;
- You have hands-on experience in testing APIs without frontend;
- You love to share your testing experience with the development team;
- You have an agile mindset, a well-structured working style, and a strong team and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent verbal and written English skills are required (C1). German language skills are a Plus.
- Understanding BDD beyond just writing tests in behavior style is a big plus;
- Experience in web test automation using TS, JS;
- Familiarity with Playwright or Cypress;
- Experience with AWS;
- Experience with testing distributed architectures.