Opinov8 is a technology service provider, with an Opinion in Innovation, we engage with our clients at any stage in their product engineering and innovation goals, with solutions being mainly collaborative and outcome-driven. We are driven by delivering value, for our clients, through technological innovation.
We are a young energetic and dynamically agile company and the team behind Opinov8 are software industry veterans. We are ambitious on our own and on our client’s behalf and we do not look at a client engagement as a project, we are in it to help our clients build sustainable products, platforms, and businesses.
Our core values and what we look for in our Opinov8rs:
You are Collaborative - which is a key component to being successful in distributed environments.
You are Innovative - it is a requirement that we innovate, as individuals and as a company.
Be Adventurous - courageous people are adventurous, we are hiring and nurturing this quality.
Always Respectful - remember if you don’t respect others they will not respect you.
Inherently Intelligent - it goes without saying we are all intelligent in our own way.
Ultimately Responsible - being responsible is a core personality trait that is needed for us and our clients’ success and ultimately a happy work environment.
The company is an integrated data platform designed to help charterers, shipowners and operators make smarter decisions based on intelligent insights derived from reliable data. The platform brings together all owned and third-party data into a simple-to-use ecosystem powered by machine learning that reduces fuel costs improves vessel performance and helps cut and monitor greenhouse gas emissions.
BEING PART OF THE TEAM
- Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources;
- Removing corrupted data and fixing coding errors and related problems;
- Responding to data-related queries and keeping track of these;
- Setting up processes and systems to make working with data more efficient;
- Presenting information generated from data to clients and managers.
POWER YOU BRING
- 4 years of using Power BI and at least 1 year of SQL;
- Hands-on experience in data preparation, data gateway, and data warehousing projects;
- Experience in connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence;
- Experience in developing user-friendly and insightful visual reports, and dashboards using Power BI;
- Develop (create new and update existing), publish, schedule reports and dashboards;
- Experience with DB and SQL queries;
- Assist business users with using published reports/dashboards and performing ad hoc data analysis;
- Experience with survey tools - ’qualities’ or ‘survey monkeys’.
Would be a plus
- Some knowledge of Python, and JS.
- Share information and knowledge freely, offering support and cooperation;
- Anticipates problems, resistance, or likely objections and takes action to resolve them;
- Interacts well on teams and can also work independently;
- Executes duties in a timely, efficient manner;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a virtual team.